Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri November 19, 2004
Gov. Pataki Divides Library Funding by Political Party
By Karen Dewitt
Albany, NY – When Governor Pataki vetoed portions of the state legislature's budget, he rejected extra aid to libraries around the state. Under a deal struck to avert an override vote, Pataki has promised that
libraries located in Republican Assembly districts will get their funding, but libraries in districts represented by Democrats, won't. That has libraries, and some of their patrons, upset. WAMC's Capitol Correspondent Karen Dewitt reports.