Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Fri November 19, 2004
Gov. Pataki Divides Library Funding by Political Party
By Karen Dewitt
Albany, NY – When Governor Pataki vetoed portions of the state legislature's budget, he rejected extra aid to libraries around the state. Under a deal struck to avert an override vote, Pataki has promised that
libraries located in Republican Assembly districts will get their funding, but libraries in districts represented by Democrats, won't. That has libraries, and some of their patrons, upset. WAMC's Capitol Correspondent Karen Dewitt reports.