Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
New England News
Fri August 10, 2012
Gov. Patrick Signs Transportation Bond Bill
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick has signed into law a $1.5 billion transportation bond bill. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
Approved late on the final day of the legislative session last month the bill authorizes borrowing to pay for road, bridge and rail projects across the state. It also includes hundreds of earmarks put in by legislators for projects in their local districts. Governor Patrick,in a statement announcing the bill signing, said his administration had targeted projects to improve the state’s infrastructure which had suffered from years of neglect. The bond bill anticipates matching federal funds to help pay for most of the projects.