Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New England News
Fri August 10, 2012
Gov. Patrick Signs Transportation Bond Bill
Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick has signed into law a $1.5 billion transportation bond bill. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
Approved late on the final day of the legislative session last month the bill authorizes borrowing to pay for road, bridge and rail projects across the state. It also includes hundreds of earmarks put in by legislators for projects in their local districts. Governor Patrick,in a statement announcing the bill signing, said his administration had targeted projects to improve the state’s infrastructure which had suffered from years of neglect. The bond bill anticipates matching federal funds to help pay for most of the projects.