Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New England News
Mon June 26, 2006
Gov. Romney Vetoes Wide Range of Budget Earmarks
By Dan Bobkoff
Boston, mA – Massachusetts Republican Governor Mitt Romney vetoed a number of provisions in the legislature's spending budgets Saturday. The legislature, controlled by Democrats, is expected to seek overrides of many of these vetoes. WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff has details.