Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
New York News
Mon June 24, 2013
Gov To Visit Colleges To Discuss Tax-Free NY Plan
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo is visiting three upstate college campuses to discuss the tax-free zones that were approved by the state Legislature last week.
In May, the governor unveiled his plan to give new employers and their employees 10 years of tax-free living if they locate on or near college campuses in New York state. Last Wednesday, the Cuomo administration changed the plan's name from Tax-Free New York to Start-Up New York.
The Legislature approved the plan on Friday as it wrapped up its 2013 session.
Cuomo is planning to visit three upstate campuses this morning starting at Buffalo State College. He will then head to Monroe Community College followed by a visit to Binghamton University.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.