Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
New England News
Mon August 27, 2012
Governor of Connecticut to Speak at DNC
Connecticut Gov. Dannel P. Malloy is scheduled to address the Democratic National Convention next month. WAMC’s Lucas Willard reports…
The Democrat said Monday he will be speaking to the delegates in Charlotte, N.C., on Sept. 5 at 6 p.m. Malloy said he's still working on his speech and is "tickled pink" to speak, even though it won't be during prime time.
Malloy campaigned over the weekend in New Hampshire for President Barack Obama. Malloy said governors are well-suited to discuss the ramifications of the federal budget changes proposed by U.S. Rep. Paul Ryan, the presumptive Republican vice presidential nominee who Malloy called "the gift that keeps on giving."
State Republican Chairman Jerry Labriola called Malloy "Connecticut's most prolific frequent flier" and criticized him for spending thousands in transportation and state police overtime costs.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.