Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
New England News
Thu August 2, 2012
Governor of Connecticut to Visit China
The Governor of Connecticut says he's accepted an invitation to participate in the World Economic Forum Summit being held in Tianjin, China.
Governor Dannel P. Malloy said Thursday he will be the state's first governor to travel to China since former Gov. William O'Neill in 1987. Malloy will be joined by Department of Economic and Community Development Commissioner Catherine Smith.
The trip is scheduled to run from Sept. 8-16. In addition to the summit, Malloy is expected to meet with business leaders and officials, including those from bioscience firms. Besides Tianjin, he's expected to visit Beijing and Jinan.
Malloy'soffice said the state is paying for the trip, which it said is expected to cost less than $20,000.
In January, Malloy attended the World Economic Forum's annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.