Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
New England News
Thu August 2, 2012
Governor of Connecticut to Visit China
The Governor of Connecticut says he's accepted an invitation to participate in the World Economic Forum Summit being held in Tianjin, China.
Governor Dannel P. Malloy said Thursday he will be the state's first governor to travel to China since former Gov. William O'Neill in 1987. Malloy will be joined by Department of Economic and Community Development Commissioner Catherine Smith.
The trip is scheduled to run from Sept. 8-16. In addition to the summit, Malloy is expected to meet with business leaders and officials, including those from bioscience firms. Besides Tianjin, he's expected to visit Beijing and Jinan.
Malloy'soffice said the state is paying for the trip, which it said is expected to cost less than $20,000.
In January, Malloy attended the World Economic Forum's annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.