Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New England News
Mon September 16, 2013
Governor To Kick Off Vt. Health Connect Forums
Vermont Governor Peter Shumlin is set this week to help kick off a series of forums for small businesses to learn about the new health insurance exchange being created under the federal Affordable Care Act.
A program Wednesday from 7:30 to 11:30 a.m. at Montpelier's Capitol Plaza hotel and conference center will be geared to helping small businesses learn what they need to know as they prepare to shop in the Vermont Health Connect exchange for health insurance.
The exchange starts up Oct. 1 as the marketplace for individuals and businesses with up to 50 employees to shop for health insurance.
The Montpelier forum will be the first of a series held in each of Vermont's 14 counties during the coming weeks.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.