Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New York News
Mon April 21, 2003
Governor Submits D.W.I. Legislation
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – NY Governor George Pataki has introduced a 40-page bill to toughen the penalties for drunken driving. One provision would create a new crime for drivers with a high blood alcohol level. Another would allow for consecutive prison terms for drivers who kill more than one person in alcohol-
related crashes. WAMC's Brian Shields reports.