Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Mon August 8, 2005
Grant Allows Vermont to Spend More to Fight Drug and Alcohol Abuse
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – Vermont will be able to double the amount it spends to fight drug and alcohol abuse, thanks to a federal grant. Those working in prevention programs are urging the state to carefully consider just how they distribute the funds to prevention programs.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.