Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Mon August 8, 2005
Grant Allows Vermont to Spend More to Fight Drug and Alcohol Abuse
By Pat Bradley
Montpelier, VT – Vermont will be able to double the amount it spends to fight drug and alcohol abuse, thanks to a federal grant. Those working in prevention programs are urging the state to carefully consider just how they distribute the funds to prevention programs.
WAMC's North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.