Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
New England News
Thu August 23, 2012
Grants Available for Western MA Smart-Energy Tornado Repairs
Government help is available for some Western Massachusetts property owners interested in energy-efficient repairs following tornado damage last summer.
Massachusetts energy officials say Hampden and Worcester county building owners have until Oct. 1 to start applying for grants or no-interest loans through a state program.
The so-called ReBuild Western Massachusetts program provides aid for energy-efficient upgrades including building insulation, solar electric and solar hot water system. It also covers Energy Star windows.
State officials say dozens of property owners have used the program to rebuild after the June 1, 2011 storm.
The Massachusetts Clean Energy Center, which administers the program, says rebuilding is an opportunity to construct something that uses less energy and saves money.
Those seeking additional information can call 1-877-524-1325 for information, or go to www.mass.gov/energy/rebuildwesternma.
Copyright 2012 by The Associated Press