Most Active Stories
- Dr. Jeffrianne Wilder, University of North Florida – Skin Color and Racism
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
New England News
Tue July 3, 2012
Grants To Massachusetts Agencies To Help Homeless Veterans
The U.S Labor Department has awarded more than $1 million to three agencies in Massachusetts to help homeless veterans.. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
The western Massachusetts based program, Soldier On has been awarded two grants totaling $400,000. Soldier On President John Downing says the money will be use to provide job training to up to 160 homeless veterans.
The other grant recipients are the Worcester based Veterans Inc, and the New England Center for Homeless Veterans which is located in Boston..