Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
New England News
Tue July 3, 2012
Grants To Massachusetts Agencies To Help Homeless Veterans
The U.S Labor Department has awarded more than $1 million to three agencies in Massachusetts to help homeless veterans.. WAMC”s Paul Tuthill reports.
The western Massachusetts based program, Soldier On has been awarded two grants totaling $400,000. Soldier On President John Downing says the money will be use to provide job training to up to 160 homeless veterans.
The other grant recipients are the Worcester based Veterans Inc, and the New England Center for Homeless Veterans which is located in Boston..