Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New York News
Thu August 15, 2013
Greater Plattsburgh Area Under Boil Water Order
The Clinton County Health Department has issued a boil water order for most of the town of Plattsburgh.
The boil water order was issued Thursday afternoon for the greater Plattsburgh area water district, which includes the area’s busiest business district and largest shopping mall, after e-coli was found in water samples. Water and Wastewater Director Scott Stoddard told WAMC it is a precautionary move and should only be in effect for 24 hours.
The area includes the Champlain Centre and Consumer Square Malls, Route 3 and the Tom Miller road, and Bluff Point and Cumberland Head residential areas. It does NOT include the city of Plattsburgh nor the village of Cadyville, which are in a separate water district.