Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
New York News
Thu August 15, 2013
Greater Plattsburgh Area Under Boil Water Order
The Clinton County Health Department has issued a boil water order for most of the town of Plattsburgh.
The boil water order was issued Thursday afternoon for the greater Plattsburgh area water district, which includes the area’s busiest business district and largest shopping mall, after e-coli was found in water samples. Water and Wastewater Director Scott Stoddard told WAMC it is a precautionary move and should only be in effect for 24 hours.
The area includes the Champlain Centre and Consumer Square Malls, Route 3 and the Tom Miller road, and Bluff Point and Cumberland Head residential areas. It does NOT include the city of Plattsburgh nor the village of Cadyville, which are in a separate water district.