Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Wed March 22, 2006
Greenway for Erie Canal
By Jessica Bloustein
Waterford, NY – New York Governor George Pataki has tucked $10 million into his executive budget this year to create an Erie Canal Greenway. He says he hopes it will be as successful as the Hudson Valley Greenway has been in terms of generating economic revenue for towns and cities along the water from Waterford to Buffalo, and expand tourism in the state.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein has more.