Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Wed March 22, 2006
Greenway for Erie Canal
By Jessica Bloustein
Waterford, NY – New York Governor George Pataki has tucked $10 million into his executive budget this year to create an Erie Canal Greenway. He says he hopes it will be as successful as the Hudson Valley Greenway has been in terms of generating economic revenue for towns and cities along the water from Waterford to Buffalo, and expand tourism in the state.
WAMC's Capital District Bureau Chief Jessica Bloustein has more.