Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Central New York News
Fri March 22, 2013
Griffiss Among Airport Towers on FAA Closure List
Sequestration cuts have prompted closure of the Air Traffic Control tower at Central New York's Griffiss International Airport.
The Federal Aviation Administration announced Friday that Griffiss is one of 149 contract towers that will be shuttered over a four week period beginning April 7th.
The FAA determined that 24 towers previously listed for closure will stay open due to national security concerns. The closure of 149 towers represents a approximate 60 percent reduction for the FAA's cost-share program.