Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
Central New York News
Fri March 22, 2013
Griffiss Among Airport Towers on FAA Closure List
Sequestration cuts have prompted closure of the Air Traffic Control tower at Central New York's Griffiss International Airport.
The Federal Aviation Administration announced Friday that Griffiss is one of 149 contract towers that will be shuttered over a four week period beginning April 7th.
The FAA determined that 24 towers previously listed for closure will stay open due to national security concerns. The closure of 149 towers represents a approximate 60 percent reduction for the FAA's cost-share program.