Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Central New York News
Fri March 22, 2013
Griffiss Among Airport Towers on FAA Closure List
Sequestration cuts have prompted closure of the Air Traffic Control tower at Central New York's Griffiss International Airport.
The Federal Aviation Administration announced Friday that Griffiss is one of 149 contract towers that will be shuttered over a four week period beginning April 7th.
The FAA determined that 24 towers previously listed for closure will stay open due to national security concerns. The closure of 149 towers represents a approximate 60 percent reduction for the FAA's cost-share program.