Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Mon July 12, 2004
Ground Breaking for New Adirondack Museum
By Pat Bradley
Tupper Lake, NY – New York State's Adirondack Park is the largest park in the continental US. It is larger than Yellowstone, Yosemite, Glacier, Great Smokey Mountains and Grand Canyon National Parks combined! There are cultural and arts museums, and interpretive centers within the park. But there has not been a place to highlight the nature and environment of the Adirondack region. That will soon change. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.