Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Mon July 12, 2004
Ground Breaking for New Adirondack Museum
By Pat Bradley
Tupper Lake, NY – New York State's Adirondack Park is the largest park in the continental US. It is larger than Yellowstone, Yosemite, Glacier, Great Smokey Mountains and Grand Canyon National Parks combined! There are cultural and arts museums, and interpretive centers within the park. But there has not been a place to highlight the nature and environment of the Adirondack region. That will soon change. More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley.