Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- NYS Assemblyman, POK Mayor Pan Talk Of Gun Storage Ordinance
Capital Region News
Wed August 20, 2014
Groundbreaking For New Housing In Cohoes
New York State Homes and Community Renewal on Wednesday announced the start of construction at Lion Heart Residences in the City of Cohoes.
The $16.4 million dollar development is intended to provide affordable homes for working families and inject millions of dollars into the local economy.
The 72-unit project features 57 affordable one, two and three-bedroom apartments. 108th district Assemblyman John McDonald says the residential community features an added attraction: "15 of those 72 units are gonna be dedicated to individuals living with developmental disabilities."
Lion Heart Residence will meet Green Building and Energy Efficiency initiatives. The project is one of ten statewide that received a portion of $23.7 million worth of state funds to either create or preserve high quality affordable housing to spur economic growth.
Hudson Valley News
New York News
New England News
New York News