Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Mon May 10, 2004
Group Calls for Labeling Food with Animal Fats
By Pat Bradley
Albany, NY – Dioxins are pollutants found in the air, soil and water, which can be released when waste is burned. The dioxins build up in the fatty tissues of animals. Humans are exposed when they eat animal fats, including the fat in dairy products. An anti-cancer group is now calling on New York's legislators to mandate dioxin warnings on all foods containing animal fat. North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley has more.