Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New York News
Thu April 25, 2013
Group: Define Cuomo Girlfriend's Ethics Standing
ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — New Yorkers for Constitutional Freedoms, a religious-based lobbying group, wants the Joint Commission on Public Ethics to rule on whether Gov. Andrew Cuomo's girlfriend, Food Network TV star Sandra Lee, should disclose financial information as if she's the governor's wife.
Thursday's request comes after The Associated Press reported the commission authorized Lee to use the state aircraft with Cuomo on official business. It deemed her a "domestic partner" in the "first family." Cuomo and Lee live in Westchester County.
The commission doesn't require Lee to file financial data intended to flag potential conflicts of interest involving elected officials.
Then commission says the Legislature would have to change any requirement.
Cuomo declined comment.
The same group unsuccessfully sued to overturn the legalization of gay marriage championed by Cuomo.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press.
WAMC New York News