Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
North Country News
Fri May 10, 2013
Group of Vermont Senators Want Citizens United Reversed
A group of Vermont lawmakers is calling for a national constitutional convention to reverse the effects of the U.S. Supreme Court's Citizens United decision on campaign money.
Senators Ginny Lyons and Robert Hartwell were among those criticizing a decision they say equated corporations with people and money with speech.
But some critics say lawmakers had a chance this year to attack the problem with a ban on corporate contributions to political campaigns.
Both Lyons and Hartwell voted against such a ban in the Senate, and it went down to defeat.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.