Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
North Country News
Fri May 10, 2013
Group of Vermont Senators Want Citizens United Reversed
A group of Vermont lawmakers is calling for a national constitutional convention to reverse the effects of the U.S. Supreme Court's Citizens United decision on campaign money.
Senators Ginny Lyons and Robert Hartwell were among those criticizing a decision they say equated corporations with people and money with speech.
But some critics say lawmakers had a chance this year to attack the problem with a ban on corporate contributions to political campaigns.
Both Lyons and Hartwell voted against such a ban in the Senate, and it went down to defeat.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.