Most Active Stories
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
North Country News
Fri May 10, 2013
Group of Vermont Senators Want Citizens United Reversed
A group of Vermont lawmakers is calling for a national constitutional convention to reverse the effects of the U.S. Supreme Court's Citizens United decision on campaign money.
Senators Ginny Lyons and Robert Hartwell were among those criticizing a decision they say equated corporations with people and money with speech.
But some critics say lawmakers had a chance this year to attack the problem with a ban on corporate contributions to political campaigns.
Both Lyons and Hartwell voted against such a ban in the Senate, and it went down to defeat.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.