Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri April 30, 2004
Group Works to Protect Remaining Elms
By Kelly Wilkinson
Sheffield, MA – Elm trees and New England had a unique relationship. The trees were an essential features of the Northeast's landscape starting in the 1800s. Part of that relationship can be traced to Berkshire County and the Housatonic River Valley. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has more.