Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Thu May 5, 2005
Groups: MA. Governor Cuts Protection as Sprawl Sweeps Region
By Eesha Williams
Northampton, MA – Like New York and Vermont, western Massachusetts is experiencing a building boom. Two leading environmental groups say Governor Mitt Romney has done less than previous governors to make sure farmland is protected from development. WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Eesha Williams reports.