Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Wed April 7, 2004
Groups Try Once Again to Sway the NRC
By Allison Dunne
Buchanan, NY – Two environmental groups are making a final attempt to convince the Nuclear Regulatory Commission that Indian Point should be shut down until a certain safety issue is addressed. The NRC had issued the petitioners a draft letter saying it did not think shutting down the plant was appropriate. That letter is ahead of a final decision expected in the coming weeks. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has the story.