Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Wed April 7, 2004
Groups Try Once Again to Sway the NRC
By Allison Dunne
Buchanan, NY – Two environmental groups are making a final attempt to convince the Nuclear Regulatory Commission that Indian Point should be shut down until a certain safety issue is addressed. The NRC had issued the petitioners a draft letter saying it did not think shutting down the plant was appropriate. That letter is ahead of a final decision expected in the coming weeks. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has the story.