Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Fri August 10, 2012
Groups Want Regional Emissions Coalition Strengthened
More than 50 New York organizations and individuals have asked Governor Cuomo to strengthen the multi-state coalition that reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
The Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, also known as RGGI, is undergoing a review that is scheduled to be completed by the end of the year. Fifty-seven groups and individuals sent a letter to New York Governor Andrew Cuomo asking that three core principles in RGGI be strengthened during its assessment.
Environment New York Director David VanLuven says a strong regional program is crucial.
Nine states in the Northeast and New England are members of the initiative.