Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
Fri August 10, 2012
Groups Want Regional Emissions Coalition Strengthened
More than 50 New York organizations and individuals have asked Governor Cuomo to strengthen the multi-state coalition that reduces greenhouse gas emissions.
The Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative, also known as RGGI, is undergoing a review that is scheduled to be completed by the end of the year. Fifty-seven groups and individuals sent a letter to New York Governor Andrew Cuomo asking that three core principles in RGGI be strengthened during its assessment.
Environment New York Director David VanLuven says a strong regional program is crucial.
Nine states in the Northeast and New England are members of the initiative.