Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New England News
Mon March 27, 2006
Growing Criticism Over SAT Scoring Error
By Dan Bobkoff
CAMBRIDGE, MA – There's growing concern among critics of standardized testing about the integrity of SAT college entrance exam scores. Last week, The College Board revealed that it initially understated how many students were affected by scoring errors on its October 2005 SAT exam. The testing agency now says 4,411 students received incorrectly low scores. All this comes at the critical college admissions decision season.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff reports.