Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New England News
Mon March 27, 2006
Growing Criticism Over SAT Scoring Error
By Dan Bobkoff
CAMBRIDGE, MA – There's growing concern among critics of standardized testing about the integrity of SAT college entrance exam scores. Last week, The College Board revealed that it initially understated how many students were affected by scoring errors on its October 2005 SAT exam. The testing agency now says 4,411 students received incorrectly low scores. All this comes at the critical college admissions decision season.
WAMC's Pioneer Valley Bureau Chief Dan Bobkoff reports.