Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Wed June 9, 2004
Guard And Reserves Called On More Often
By Brian Shields
Albany, NY – National Guard and Reservists are being called up more often as the U.S. Military fights in Iraq and Afghanistan and maintains forces in Korea , Europe and elsewhere. This has led some Guard members and their families to complain about the ongoing and indefinite tours of service. WAMC's Brian Shields reports.