Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- The Truth About The Left Brain / Right Brain Relationship
New England News
Fri April 12, 2013
Gun activists raising money to fight Conn. law
Scott Wilson, president of the Connecticut Citizens Defense League, said Thursday that his organization, the NRA and the Coalition of Connecticut Sportsmen are raising funds from gun clubs, gun shops and individuals to help finance a legal team.
Last week, the General Assembly passed and Gov. Dannel Malloy signed into law a wide-ranging bill that bans the sale of high-capacity ammunition magazines, expands the state's assault weapons ban, and imposes other restrictions on gun owners. Malloy contends package is "on a strong footing."
On Thursday, the first lawsuit challenging the new law was filed.
Copyright 2013 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.