Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
New England News
Sat October 5, 2013
Gun Buyback In Northampton, Greenfield Saturday
People in the mostly rural western Massachusetts counties of Hampshire and Franklin are being urged to turn in unwanted firearms on Saturday, October 5th
The Northwestern District Attorney’s Office has organized its first gun buyback. DA David Sullivan said the idea is to get guns people have no use for out of homes to prevent the weapons from being stolen or otherwise falling into the wrong hands.
Firearms can be exchanged for $50 gift cards at the police stations in Northampton and Greenfield on Saturday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m.