Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New England News
Fri March 1, 2013
Gun Buyback Is Set For Saturday
People in western Massachusetts will have an opportunity on Saturday to turn in un-wanted firearms for safe disposal.
The Hampden County District Attorney and Springfield Police Department are running a gun buyback program from 10 AM to 5 PM at the police headquarters. District Attorney Mark Mastroianni said it’s a chance for someone who may have an old gun stashed in the basement to get rid of it before it winds up in the hands of a criminal
The program will pay $50 per gun , $100 for an assault rifle. $10,000 has been collected for the program from private donations. The last Hampden County gun buy back in 2009 resulted in close to 100 guns being turned in.