Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New England News
Sat September 14, 2013
Gun Control Bill In Massachusetts Expected By October
Massachusetts state legislators, who spent the summer listening to people comment on the highly-charged gun control issue are set to write a comprehensive bill.
The Joint Committee on Public Safety and Homeland Security held five public hearings across the state from Cape Cod to Springfield. The last one was Friday at the Statehouse. Each regional hearing was attended by about 500 people and lasted more than six hours. House chairman Harold Naughton said the hearings produced a lot of thoughtful ideas
Naughton said he expects the final bill will address the issues of school safety, mental health, firearms licensing issues and gun trafficking.