Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- The Truth About The Left Brain / Right Brain Relationship
New England News
Fri February 15, 2013
Gun Rally in Hartford attracts 5,500
The Connecticut Post reports that a crowd of more than 5,500 people gathered in Hartford yesterday to voice their support for stricter gun laws.
Among those in attendance were Connecticut Dannel Malloy and LT. Gov. Nancy Wyman. Malloy says the Newtown school shooting has forever changed the public debate over guns and he's vowing not to rest until laws such as universal background checks are passed.
The rally was strategically timed two months to the day after the Dec. 14 shootings at an elementary school in Newtown Connecticut that left 20 first-graders and six educators dead.
President Barack Obama is honoring the six educators killed in the Newtown school shooting with the nation's second-highest civilian honor. The American Federation of Teachers says the six will be posthumously awarded the 2012 Presidential Citizens Medal today during a White House ceremony.