Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
Mon February 20, 2012
Haitian Heritage In Cuba ... As Heard Through Song
In this encore broadcast, Michel Martin hosts the Creole Choir of Cuba for a performance chat. The group is credited with introducing the world to the rhythms of the Haitian community in Cuba. The 10 members are descendants of West Africans who were enslaved on that island. They sing songs of their ancestors, infused with contemporary sounds.