Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
Wed November 14, 2012
Harold Holzer is one of the country's leading authorities on Abraham Lincoln and the political culture of the Civil War era. A prolific writer and lecturer, and frequent guest on television, Holzer serves as chairman of The Lincoln Bicentennial Foundation.
His latest project is a companion to the Steven Spielberg film—tracing how Abraham Lincoln came to view slavery... and came to end it. The filmmakers wanted Holzer to write the story for young adults and the resulting book is Lincoln: How Abraham Lincoln Ended Slavery in America.