Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
Wed November 14, 2012
Harold Holzer is one of the country's leading authorities on Abraham Lincoln and the political culture of the Civil War era. A prolific writer and lecturer, and frequent guest on television, Holzer serves as chairman of The Lincoln Bicentennial Foundation.
His latest project is a companion to the Steven Spielberg film—tracing how Abraham Lincoln came to view slavery... and came to end it. The filmmakers wanted Holzer to write the story for young adults and the resulting book is Lincoln: How Abraham Lincoln Ended Slavery in America.