Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
Fri September 21, 2012
Health Quality and Affordability Conference Focuses on Physicians’ Role
A conference is being held Saturday focusing on the role doctors can play in improving health care quality and affordability
Physicians from across Vermont will gather Saturday for the “Making Vermont a High Performance Health System” conference. The meeting will look at physicians’ roles in reducing costs and streamlining health care systems. Vermont Medical Society Education and Research Foundation Director Dr. Cy Jordan says health care has become much more complex.
The Green Mountain Care Board is working to design Vermont's health care overhaul. Chair Anya Rader Wallack is on a panel discussing New Payment Models for physicians. She says doctors must take the lead in changing health care delivery and its financing systems.
The Vermont Association of Hospitals and Health Systems is a so-sponsor of the conference. President Beatrice Grouse says both hospitals and doctors must work together as the state moves healthcare reform efforts forward.
The half-day conference begins at 8 a.m. Saturday at the University of Vermont College of Medicine.