Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
The Health Show
Thu January 27, 2011
The Health Show #1191
http://www.healthshow.org/ – Here's something many women have heard from their gynecologist: you have a uterine fibroid tumor...but don't worry, it's totally benign. Being told you have a benign tumor is a bit of a mixed blessing. Sure, it's benign...but it's still a tumor. And for some women they can cause problems. On this week's Health Show, we'll have a conversation about these tumors and what can and should be done.
We'll also hear the story of Dr. Jill Seaman...an American who's work with Doctors Without Borders is making a huge difference in many lives in the Sudan. And commentary today about end of life care...and how the death panel people have won another round.