Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
The Health Show
Fri February 18, 2011
The Health Show #1194
http://www.healthshow.org/ – Quick...how loud is your radio right now? If you've been cranking the volume a little higher and higher over the years, chances are you have a hearing loss. On this week's Health Show, we'll welcome back Kathryn Meade, a local doctor of audiology who will update us on the latest advances in hearing aids and other medical treatment for hearing loss.
We'll also welcome back Judah Leblang, a writer who has talked about his hearing loss before on the program and find out how his relationship with a special family member has shaped the way he continues to cope with his loss of hearing.