Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
The Health Show
Fri March 4, 2011
The Health Show #1196
http://www.healthshow.org/ – The 10 story high Brown Science Building is located on Washington Place, just east of Washington Square Park in Manhattan. It is part of New York University. It is also the sight of a deadly fire that, 100 years ago this month, was the beginning of the occupational health movement in the United States. On this week's Health Show, we'll relive the story of the Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire.
We'll also find out about the mental health of some refugees from Somalia...and how one US city is helping them adjust to a new home after escaping the war in their homeland.