Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
The Health Show
Fri March 11, 2011
The Health Show #1197
http://www.healthshow.org/ – Last July, the Centers for Disease Control declared a Whopping Cough epidemic in California. In 2009 there was an outbreak of Mumps in New York State. Outbreaks of Measles have become more common in the US for years. All of these diseases are dangerous, and all can be prevented with a vaccine. But there's a growing anti-vaccine movement in the US that threatens the health and lives of young and old alike. On this week's Health Show, we'll talk to one of the country's leading advocates for vaccines and get the history of the anti-vaccine movement.
We'll also hear about the first vaccine preventable disease, smallpox...and try to find out why scientists are keeping the last batches of this killer alive.