Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
The Health Show
Fri May 27, 2011
The Health Show #1208
http://www.healthshow.org/ – Infectious disease is still one of the biggest killers in Africa. We've heard a lot about the AIDS crisis on the continent, but Malaria, Tuberculosis even Diarrhea still kill hundreds of thousands of Africans every year. On this week's Health Show, we'll hear why one woman says the answer to the crisis isn't better hospitals...it's better labs.
We'll also hear how African males are being urged to get circumcised to help slow the spread of HIV-AIDS. And we'll visit a refugee camp in Kenya...and take an evening ride in the facility's lone ambulance.