Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
The Health Show
Fri May 27, 2011
The Health Show #1208
http://www.healthshow.org/ – Infectious disease is still one of the biggest killers in Africa. We've heard a lot about the AIDS crisis on the continent, but Malaria, Tuberculosis even Diarrhea still kill hundreds of thousands of Africans every year. On this week's Health Show, we'll hear why one woman says the answer to the crisis isn't better hospitals...it's better labs.
We'll also hear how African males are being urged to get circumcised to help slow the spread of HIV-AIDS. And we'll visit a refugee camp in Kenya...and take an evening ride in the facility's lone ambulance.