Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
The Health Show
Fri May 27, 2011
The Health Show #1208
http://www.healthshow.org/ – Infectious disease is still one of the biggest killers in Africa. We've heard a lot about the AIDS crisis on the continent, but Malaria, Tuberculosis even Diarrhea still kill hundreds of thousands of Africans every year. On this week's Health Show, we'll hear why one woman says the answer to the crisis isn't better hospitals...it's better labs.
We'll also hear how African males are being urged to get circumcised to help slow the spread of HIV-AIDS. And we'll visit a refugee camp in Kenya...and take an evening ride in the facility's lone ambulance.