Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
The Health Show
Fri June 17, 2011
The Health Show #1211
http://www.healthshow.org/ – Being Chief of Neurosurgery at a major US hospital is an important job...but not one that's likely to make you an overnight national media figure. That, however, is exactly how it turned out for Dr. Michael Lemole. Dr. Lemole the day Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords was shot. On this week's Health Show, we'll listen in on a recent talk Dr. Lemole gave recounting his experiences that day...and the somewhat frenzied days that followed.
We'll also take a trip to the farm lands of California...and visit a mobile medical clinic that offers health care to migrant workers.