Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
The Health Show
Fri June 24, 2011
The Health Show #1212
http://www.healthshow.org/ – Have you ever done something, stopped, and then thought...why the heck do I just do that? The answer is: you didn't...apparently it's all your brain's fault. On this week's Health Show we'll talk to a psychiatric researcher about how the brain sometimes goes off on its own...and how you can regain control.
We'll also talk to tennis legend Billie Jean King and her knee surgeon about advances in knee replacement surgery. And we'll visit an island that has revitalized itself after years of housing medical outcasts.