Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Glens Falls Prepares For Basketball Tournament Weekend
The Health Show
Fri September 9, 2011
The Health Show #1223
http://www.healthshow.org/ – One of the most sobering moments in any man's life is the day he realizes that he will never play first base for the New York Mets. Okay, maybe it was just me but it was still sobering. The fact is sports are an important part of many people's lives. But lately much of the emphasis on sports reporting has been on not the games...but performance enhancing drugs. On this week's Health Show, we'll talk about drug testing in sports with a pair of important figures in the anti-doping community.
We'll also hit the streets of Pittsburgh with a psychiatrist who treats the poorest of the poor.