Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
The Health Show
Fri September 16, 2011
The Health Show #1224
http://www.healthshow.org/ – Chemotherapy can be a life saver...and a nightmare. The side effects of the cancer treating drugs have sometimes been described as being worse than the symptoms of the disease. But in the end, just about everyone is glad to have these weapons in the fight against cancer. Now, the supply of these drugs in becoming spotty. On this week's Health Show...a report on the growing shortage of cancer treating drugs.
We'll also talk about a method of less invasive spinal surgery...and learn about the health and societal problems of unwed mothers in Korea.