Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
- From The Museum To The Dorm Room: Williams Art Loan Program
The Health Show
Fri September 16, 2011
The Health Show #1224
http://www.healthshow.org/ – Chemotherapy can be a life saver...and a nightmare. The side effects of the cancer treating drugs have sometimes been described as being worse than the symptoms of the disease. But in the end, just about everyone is glad to have these weapons in the fight against cancer. Now, the supply of these drugs in becoming spotty. On this week's Health Show...a report on the growing shortage of cancer treating drugs.
We'll also talk about a method of less invasive spinal surgery...and learn about the health and societal problems of unwed mothers in Korea.