Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
The Health Show
Fri September 23, 2011
The Health Show #1225
http://www.healthshow.org/ – If you're a parent of a young child here's a quick question: when was the last time your pediatrician asked about the state of your child's mental health? A recent survey of parents says it doesn't happen nearly enough...and it leaves many parents of children with mental health issues searching for help and answers. On this week's Health Show...we'll talk about the results of that survey.
We'll also talk to an author and former teacher who's diagnosis of Dyslexia has made her an advocate for children with the condition. And we'll travel to South Africa where some of the sickest patents are getting the biggest laughs.