Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
The Health Show
Fri October 21, 2011
The Health Show #1229
http://www.healthshow.org/ – In 1970, a group of feminists got together and published a 136 page booklet called "Women and Their Bodies". A year later, it was put together as a book and sold a quarter million copies under its new name "Our Bodies Ourselves". Now, 40 years and 4 million copies later, there is a new edition of this iconic book on women's health. On this week's Health Show, we'll talk to a member of that original group about the new edition.
We'll also learn about Sjogren's Syndrome...a rare condition that can leave a patient dry and searching for answers. And we'll visit a woman who brings heavenly music to hospital rooms.