Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
The Health Show
Fri October 21, 2011
The Health Show #1229
http://www.healthshow.org/ – In 1970, a group of feminists got together and published a 136 page booklet called "Women and Their Bodies". A year later, it was put together as a book and sold a quarter million copies under its new name "Our Bodies Ourselves". Now, 40 years and 4 million copies later, there is a new edition of this iconic book on women's health. On this week's Health Show, we'll talk to a member of that original group about the new edition.
We'll also learn about Sjogren's Syndrome...a rare condition that can leave a patient dry and searching for answers. And we'll visit a woman who brings heavenly music to hospital rooms.