Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
The Health Show
Fri December 2, 2011
The Health Show #1235
http://www.healthshow.org/ – There's a lot of talk about cancer research. But what does that really mean? Just what are scientists looking at, or looking for? Well there's a recent clinical trial that is attacking cancer at the roots. On this week's Health Show, we'll learn about cancer stem cells...and how they may be a key to finding cures.
We'll also learn about an organization that tries to match cancer patients with clinical trials and hear what cancer patients can do to cope with the side effects of their treatment...and remember the series we ran on assisted living centers in Florida? We'll hear about the aftermath of those investigative reports.