Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
The Health Show
Fri December 2, 2011
The Health Show #1235
http://www.healthshow.org/ – There's a lot of talk about cancer research. But what does that really mean? Just what are scientists looking at, or looking for? Well there's a recent clinical trial that is attacking cancer at the roots. On this week's Health Show, we'll learn about cancer stem cells...and how they may be a key to finding cures.
We'll also learn about an organization that tries to match cancer patients with clinical trials and hear what cancer patients can do to cope with the side effects of their treatment...and remember the series we ran on assisted living centers in Florida? We'll hear about the aftermath of those investigative reports.