Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
The Health Show
Fri January 20, 2012
The Health Show #1242
http://www.healthshow.org/ – If there is anything that can be described as a good news/bad news situation in the medical world, it has to be kidney dialysis. On one hand the good news...for patients who's kidneys have failed, dialysis is literally a life saver. Without the machine a patient would not live long without kidney function. Now the bad news...unless you get a kidney transplant you need to be hooked up to that machine for hours, just about every other day, for the rest of your life.
On this week's Health Show, we'll talk to a man who wrote the book on life with kidney dialysis.
We'll also learn how transplant patients, including kidney transplant patients, could be at increased risk for cancer.