Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
The Health Show
Fri January 27, 2012
The Health Show #1243
http://www.healthshow.org/ – Advances in genetic testing technology are making these tests easier to find...in fact many companies are bypassing doctors altogether and offering genetic tests for disease risk directly to consumers. As you might expect, this has some people concerned. On today's Health Show...a look at direct to consumer genetic testing.
We'll also hear how one family reacted to very different genetic test results.
Find out if acting impulsively is in your genes
And hear about advances in telemedicine in rural areas of the country.