Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
The Health Show
Fri February 10, 2012
The Health Show #1245
http://www.healthshow.org/ – The number of children with autism in the US has been growing for years. The latest information available shows one in 110 children born will be diagnosed with an autism spectrum disorder...and the education system will need to be ready. On today's Health Show, we'll hear about a school in Brooklyn that uses Applied Behavioral Analysis to help teach children with autism.
We'll also talk about the life of Margaret Sanger...the leading pioneer for birth control in the US who's legacy is still controversial.