Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
The Health Show
Fri February 24, 2012
The Health Show #1246
http://www.healthshow.org/ – The jokes starting forming just as soon as I heard the finished story. I'm going to do my best to keep you from hearing any of them. It seems that the human intestines are a pretty amazing system...one that almost operates as a second brain. In fact, what goes on below doesn't need much help from above. You can see where this might get us in trouble. On today's Health Show, an almost joke free tour of the human gut.
Then a good news - bad news story from the National Institutes of Health about drug use by teens in the US...and we'll visit a farmer who is not letting his disability get in the way of a good harvest.