Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Mon April 9, 2012
The Health Show #1254
In the year 2000, the Albany Medical center Prize for Medicine and Bio-Medical research was established. Funded by the estate of the late philanthropist and businessman Morris Marty Silverman, the 500 thousand dollar prize is one of the largest prizes for medicine and medical research in the world. On today’s Health Show, we’ll hear from the two doctors who will share this year’s prize.
We’ll also learn about a condition called deep vein thrombosis and why it can be dangerous. And we’ll hear how some health plans available in Massachusetts are trying to keep prices down...and perhaps set an example for the rest of the country.